- He gradually lost contact with all his old acquaintances.
- Professor Stevens is a professional acquaintance of mine - shall I introduce you to him?
- I recently met an old work acquaintance of mine and I hardly recognized him.
- I hope you'll consider me a friend and not just an acquaintance.
- The news quickly spread around all our friends and acquaintances.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
noun [ C or U ] uk /əˈkweɪn.təns.ʃɪp/ us /əˈkweɪn.təns.ʃɪp/ formal