acquaintancenounuk us /əˈkweɪn.təns/
- He gradually lost contact with all his old acquaintances.
- Professor Stevens is a professional acquaintance of mine - shall I introduce you to him?
- I recently met an old work acquaintance of mine and I hardly recognized him.
- I hope you'll consider me a friend and not just an acquaintance.
- The news quickly spread around all our friends and acquaintances.
- as every schoolboy/schoolchild knows idiom
- at/in the back of your mind idiom
- be ahead of the game idiom
- be in the loop/be out of the loop idiom
- general knowledge
- have a nodding acquaintance with sb/sth idiom
- have a passing/slight/nodding acquaintance with sth idiom