acrossadverb, prepositionuk /əˈkrɒs/ us /əˈkrɑːs/
- He folded his arms across his chest.
- Her books and clothes were packed into chests and shipped across to Canada.
- Their hoofs threw up clods of earth as they galloped across the field.
- On the eastern horizon, a huge cloud of smoke from burning oil tanks stretched across the sky.
- Quigley clouted me smartly across the side of the head.
acrossprepositionuk /əˈkrɒs/ us /əˈkrɑːs/
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: