addverb [ I or T ]uk /æd/ us /æd/
She's added a Picasso to her collection.
B1 to say another thing:
[ + that ] She was sad, she said, but added (= said also) that she felt she had made the right decision.
- First, fry the garlic. Next, add the ginger.
- You have to add the cost of postage to the subtotal.
- If you add the plural inflection '-s' to 'dog' you get 'dogs'.
- Two of the cathedral's chapels were added later - the Lady Chapel and the Chapel of St Paul.
- Have you anything further to add to the discussion?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: