addresseenoun [ C ]uk /ˌæd.resˈiː/ us /ˌæd.resˈiː/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- But it was really the fact that they had the air of letters written by someone who was sceptical of the very existence of the addressee and had sent them merely to humour some third person.
- He wrote home on the now famous postcards that inform the addressee that, on such and such a date, the sender was alive and well.
- It seems that many letters addressed to their families in Turkey come back again, as the addressee has not been found.
- Parcels, which are seldom received, are opened in the presence of the addressee.
- Seeing it of such importance, and knowing it to be military, Judge Lane opened it, since we could not trace the addressee.