administration noun (MANAGING)
- Reputable charities spend the lion's share of donations on aid and a tiny fraction on administration.
- Eastern Slavonia is to revert to Croatian government rule next year after a transitional period under U.N. administration.
- Keeping noise levels low is the bane of airport administration.
- The new administration is still in the shakedown period.
- Hard-liners are expected to be purged from the administration.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
administration noun (MANAGEMENT)
administration noun (GOVERNMENT)
administration noun (GIVING)
administration noun (BUSINESS CLOSING)
› [ U ] UK the process that takes place when a company cannot pay its debts and is allowed to make changes to its organization to try to avoid going into liquidation (= when a business is closed and the things it owns are sold):