admit verb (ACCEPT)
- I was too embarrassed to admit that I was scared.
- He was ashamed to admit to his mistake.
- She grudgingly admitted that she had been wrong to criticize him.
- The gang admitted they had committed four recent bank robberies.
- It may be that the ministers know more than they are admitting at the moment.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
admit verb (ALLOW IN)
Spain was admitted to the European Community in 1986.