adolescentnoun [ C ]uk /ˌæd.əˈles.ənt/ us /ˌæd.əˈles.ənt/
- He looked uncomfortable, like a self-conscious adolescent who's gone to the wrong party.
- I'm looking after six adolescents for a week.
- She doesn't understand the emotional problems of adolescents.
- He eventually outgrew his adolescent interest in war and guns.
- The council was hoping to turn a children's home into a residence for adolescent girls.
- My daughter became quite difficult to deal with during her adolescent years.
- A lot of adolescent girls suffer from low self-esteem.
- It's sad to see a grown man acting in such an adolescent way.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: