adultnoun [C]uk us /ˈæd.ʌlt/ /əˈdʌlt/
- The school rules state that no child shall be allowed out of the school during the day, unless accompanied by an adult.
- The magazine is aimed at teenagers and young adults.
- There will be two adults travelling, plus three children.
- Let's stay calm and try to behave like responsible adults.
- If you think of these children growing into adults who enjoy and appreciate classical music, then that repays our effort.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: