[ + to infinitive ] It would be to your advantage (= it would improve the situation for you) to agree to his demands.
take advantage of sth
take advantage of sb/sth B2 disapproving
Advantage Miss Williams!
- Qualifications are important but practical experience is always an advantage.
- The advantage of the plan is its simplicity.
- She had a decided advantage over her opponent.
- You shouldn't be so trusting - people take advantage of you.
- Internet connection via broadband offers many advantages.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a free ride idiom
- a stick to beat sb with idiom
- an ace up your sleeve idiom
- be/stay/keep one jump ahead idiom
- cash in on sth
- in the right place at the right time idiom
- it's tough at the top idiom
- lock in sth
- lock sb out of sth
- lose out
- profit from sth
- you've got nothing to lose idiom
- your best/strongest/trump card idiom