adzenoun [ C ]mainly UK US usually adz uk /ædz/ us /ædz/
Examples from literature
- I also gave to each of them a knife, a small adze, some nails, beads, and a looking-glass.
- The sides are smoothed with adzes of the same materials and construction, but of a smaller size.
- Then the carpenters landed, who had great axes in their hands, and planes and adzes hung at their sides.
- To do this work the only tools the carpenter and his assistants had were two adzes and two small tomahawks.
- We dug a hole in the snow about three feet deep with the adze and put the Primus into it.
- We put our sticks and the adze on the snow, sat down on them as close to one another as possible, and put our arms round each other.