aeroplanenoun [ C ]uk /ˈeə.rə.pleɪn/ us /ˈer.ə.pleɪn/ UK US airplane
She has her own private aeroplane.
- I've nearly finished making my model aeroplane - I just have to glue the wings on.
- The aeroplane had to make a forced landing because one of the engines cut out.
- To be honest, the thought of jumping out of a moving aeroplane makes my hair stand on end.
- Anything to do with aeroplanes and flying fascinates him.
- Model aeroplanes come in pieces which you have to put together.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words