- We agreed on a price but afterwards they wanted £10 extra.
- If you're a good boy at the doctor's I'll take you swimming afterwards.
- Everyone would go into the hall for assembly and then afterwards we'd go to our respective classes.
- I vote (that) we go to the cinema first and eat afterwards.
- He said he had to go to a meeting now, but that afterwards he'd come and discuss the problem.
After or afterwards as an adverbWe can use after as an adverb, but afterwards is more common. When after is used, it is usually as part of an adverb phrase: …