agencynounuk us /ˈeɪ.dʒən.si/
agency noun (ORGANIZATION)
- The advertising agency secured the contract on the back of their previous successful campaigns.
- The holiday was cancelled so the travel agency had to refund everybody the price of the tickets.
- The duty of the agency is to act in the best interests of the child.
- For several years she operated a dating agency from her basement flat.
- The agency was not accredited by the Philippine Consulate to offer contracts to Filipinos abroad.
agency noun (ACTIONS)