aidnounuk /eɪd/ us /eɪd/
- The tunnel was dug with the aid of heavy machinery.
- Foreign aid is badly needed to ameliorate the effects of the drought.
- humanitarian aid
- We need to look at the logistics of the whole aid operation.
- Thousands of lives will be at stake if emergency aid does not arrive in the city soon.
aidverb [T]uk /eɪd/ us /eɪd/
- Discover how eating raw food helps balance your body and aids digestion.
- Your donation will help aid flood victims.
- Doctors hoped that moving to a warmer climate would aid his recovery.
- Police arrested a number of people suspected of aiding the terrorists.
- Fruit and vegetables contain acids that aid the absorption of calcium into the body.