airfieldnoun [ C ]uk /ˈeə.fiːld/ us /ˈer.fiːld/ UK old-fashioned aerodrome
- It jolted and bumped over the tarmac, then lifted, and Joe saw that the island was nearly all airfield.
- Minutes later, all the planes, including Tom's, landed at the airfield.
- Mr. Newton promised to have five cargo jets loaded and prepared for take-off from the construction company airfield.
- Then he phoned the base airfield to dispatch a helicopter.
- There was still firing from the commercial airport and the smaller military airfield.