airmannoun [ C ]uk /ˈeə.mən/ us /ˈer-/ plural -men uk /-mən/ us
- The welcome absence of wind gave our airmen a chance of which they took full advantage by gathering much information.
- The work of the British airmen during the battle was one of the brightest pages.
- There seems to be no end to the dangers which beset submarine-sailors and airmen.
- This initial volume tells how the hero ran away from his miserly guardian, fell in with a successful airman, and became a young aviator of note.
- When the airman took another leap towards earth, her heart stopped beating altogether.