alcoholnoun [ U ]uk /ˈæl.kə.hɒl/ us /ˈæl.kə.hɑːl/
- He's under doctor's orders to cut down on fatty food and to drink no alcohol for at least six months.
- No thanks, I never touch alcohol.
- 28 percent of people asked thought that the advertising of tobacco and alcohol should be banned.
- The situation was made more volatile by the fact that people had been drinking a lot of alcohol.
- Experts say that women should not drink more than 14 units of alcohol a week.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: