algaenoun [ plural ]us uk /ˈæl.ɡiː/
- It moves so little that algae grow on its fur.
- Algae reduces appetite and as a dietary supplement can assist in weight loss.
- For example, every day I have a "green drink," an herbal preparation containing numerous tonic substances like ginseng and also various forms of algae and chlorophyll extracts.
- The majority of these algae develop very well in the air, and then consume oxygen and exhale carbonic acid, like all living beings.
- Then we crossed a prairie of algae, open–sea plants that the waters hadn't yet torn loose, whose vegetation grew in wild profusion.
- These algae are a genuine prodigy of creation, one of the wonders of world flora.