algebranoun [ U ]uk /ˈæl.dʒə.brə/ us /ˈæl.dʒə.brə/
adjective uk /ˌæl.dʒəˈbreɪ.ɪk/ us /ˌæl.dʒəˈbreɪ.ɪk/
adverb /ˌæl.dʒəˈbreɪ.ɪk.li/ /ˌæl.dʒəˈbreɪ.ɪk.li/
Examples from literature
- "I'm sure I can't see what use I am ever going to make, as a saddler, of algebra or surveying."
- At the same time he was training his powers of thought by an assiduous study of algebra and geometry.
- It was once my duty to act as private tutor in algebra and geometry to a young man preparing for college.
- The girls studied a variety of subjects, arithmetic, algebra, literature, chemistry, philosophy, physiology, astronomy, and bookkeeping.
- You will need some one to assist you and explain points in the mathematics and algebra, otherwise your progress will be very slow.