alimonynoun [ U ]uk /ˈæl.ɪ.mə.ni/ us /ˈæl.ə.moʊ.ni/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- She has a small income, but it does not appear that alimony was allowed her in the divorce proceedings.
- The alimony which had hitherto been allowed was no longer considered adequate. The discourse, though learned, was not edifying.
- The ninety and nine would have subjected me to the acid test of matrimony, with the later and inevitable alimony.
- The wife would find it out, there would be a row, with court proceedings, alimony and all the rest of it.
- There was no hope of getting alimony out of that man.