allegeverb [ T ]uk /əˈledʒ/ us /əˈledʒ/ formal
- The prosecution alleged that he lured the officer to his death by making an emergency call.
- It has been alleged that the minister received a secret payoff from an arms dealer.
- The woman alleged rape, but Reeves insisted it was consensual.
- Campaigners now have compelling documentary evidence of the human rights abuses that they had been alleging for several years.
- The woman alleges that her employers passed her over for promotion because she was pregnant.