allegedadjectiveuk us /əˈledʒd/ formal
- Several alleged drug lords are to be put on trial.
- Opposition parties have protested over alleged vote rigging in the election.
- Less than two weeks ago Gough finally served a writ on Slater, claiming damages for alleged loss of royalties.
- They were in the house when the alleged crime took place.
- He is being hunted by police for his alleged involvement in several murders.
- She was convicted of murdering her drunken and allegedly violent husband.
- Two football players have been arrested after allegedly accepting bribes.
- The shooting was allegedly carried out by two young boys aged 11 and 13.
- He was arrested after allegedly selling drugs to an undercover officer.
- Two doctors are under investigation for allegedly providing performance-enhancing drugs to athletes.