aloneadjective [after verb], adverbuk /əˈləʊn/ us /-ˈloʊn/
aloneadjective [after noun]uk /əˈləʊn/ us /-ˈloʊn/
- Words alone cannot convey the untold misery endured by people in these refugee camps.
- He truly believes he can cure himself by willpower alone.
- Is it more democratic to hold a referendum, rather than let the government alone decide?
- These problems might not be solved by money alone, but they will assuredly not be solved without it.
- This year alone eight police officers have been killed in the line of duty.