alongsidepreposition, adverbuk /əˌlɒŋˈsaɪd/ us /əˈlɑːŋ.saɪd/
- As we drew alongside the black car, I suddenly recognized my ex-boyfriend at the wheel.
- The drover walked alongside the oxen, gently tapping them with his stick.
- New pedestrian pathways are being built alongside the road.
- They found themselves working alongside like-minded young people with similar values.
- Just as I was leaving the restaurant, a car pulled up alongside me.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: