alternativelyadverbuk /ɒlˈtɜː.nə.tɪv.li/ us /ɑːlˈtɝː.nə.t̬ɪv.li/
- You could catch the 18.30 train - alternatively, you could wait for the 19.50 fast train.
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar, or alternatively honey, into the mixture.
- Post this order form in the envelope provided. Alternatively, phone our order line or order online from our website.
- It would be a six-month wait for the operation but, alternatively, you could pay for private treatment.
- The quickest way is to take the motorway. Alternatively, there is the coastal route, which is much prettier.