alternatornoun [ C ]uk /ˈɒl.tə.neɪ.tər/ us /ˈɑːl.tɚ.neɪ.t̬ɚ/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
- He set the big alternator at work at top speed.
- In the illustration the alternator panels are shown at the left and the feeder panels at the right.
- The alternator began to buzz and spark, crackling viciously.
- The roar of the alternator died down, first to a hum and then to a purr.
- When the ends of the coil are connected to the terminals of an alternator the disc is set in rotation.