altimeternoun [ C ]uk /ˈæl.tɪ.miː.tər/ us /ælˈtɪm.ə.t̬ɚ/
- But the altimeter needle was motionless.
- He verified all his instruments—the map-holder, the compass, the altimeter, the tachometer, the speedometer—with searching care.
- The altimeter showed that he was hovering at eight thousand feet above ground-level.
- The altimeter was trying to keep up with the boat and just couldn't, half the time.
- They had fired at me two hundred times: my bullets, before the breakdown, had gone through their altimeter and their tachometer, which had caused their excitement.