- The best option would be to cancel the trip altogether.
- The new systems cut humans out of the picture altogether.
- The first casualty of the reorganization will be the bus service, which will be stopped altogether.
- Talking about the world's problems is one thing, but solving them is another matter altogether.
- Cars are useful, but their impact on the environment is another matter altogether.
altogethernoun [ S ]uk /ˌɔːl.təˈɡeð.ər/ us /ˌɑːl.təˈɡeð.ɚ/
be in the altogether old-fashioned
› to be naked
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words