amazeverb [T]uk /əˈmeɪz/ us /əˈmeɪz/
- She was wide-eyed in amazement.
- He gave a gasp of amazement.
- We all watched in amazement as he juggled with three flaming torches.
- She was rooted to the spot with amazement.
- She was round-eyed with amazement.
- If you compare house prices in the two areas, it's quite amazing how different they are.
- He concocted the most amazing dish from all sorts of unlikely ingredients.
- Rain forests are filled with amazing creatures.
- Coming to your screens shortly, the amazing adventures of 'Robin Hood'.
- What amazing train of thought led you from Napoleon to global warming?
- I was amazed at the depth of her knowledge.
- He was amazed that a reputable firm would stoop to selling the names of their clients to other companies.
- I was amazed at the size of their garden.
- We were amazed by what she told us.
- He's always seemed very self-controlled, so I was amazed by his sudden outburst in the office.