amazonnoun [ C ]uk /ˈæm.ə.zən/ us /ˈæm.ə.zɑːn/ humorous
adjective uk us
- At length, the officer and the amazon turned their horses' heads on their backward journey.
- Her appointments, however, were those rather of an amazon, or goddess of the woods.
- I could not help laughing at the idea of my tall, awkward master, a knight-errant to this queen of the amazons.
- The first greeting of one amazon to the other is to slap her face.
- There was here another laugh at the expense of the hero who had received this amazon's assistance.