ambulancenoun [ C ]uk /ˈæm.bjə.ləns/ us /ˈæm.bjə.ləns/
I called an ambulance.
an ambulance driver
- There's been an accident - dial 999 and ask for an ambulance.
- They did everything they could to save him, but he was already too far gone when the ambulance arrived.
- The siren signalled the approach of an ambulance.
- The ambulance raced round the corner with its tyres screaming.
- There's been an accident - can you ring for an ambulance?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: