- The second-class passengers were not often found intruding across the bar, but the first-class frequently made visits to their friends amidships.
- The shell struck the submersible squarely amidships, and carried away the periscope.
- The water butts stood amidships, not far from the open door of the galley.
- They took it, pretty respectfully, and went below, Martin still standing amidships, where he had stood from the first.
- We had been rammed amidships by one of the escorting destroyers, but the breach was above the water-line.