amplifiernoun [ C ]uk /ˈæm.plɪ.faɪ.ər/ us /ˈæm.plə.faɪ.ɚ/ informal amp
Examples from literature
- Charley took advantage of the remaining daylight to couple up the battery and the amplifier to his wireless.
- He heard the sound of a mobile amplifier, and strained his ears toward it.
- I can't detect any heart action even with the amplifier.
- The battery would be forwarded as soon as it reached the Wireless Club and had been inspected, and the amplifier would go with it.
- The receiving transducers would feed from amplifiers to earphones.