andconjunctionuk strong /ænd/ weak /ənd/ /ən/ us /ænd/ /ənd/ /ən/
and conjunction (ALSO)
- The Australians have won three gold medals and two silvers in the swimming events.
- It costs a lot to feed and clothe five children.
- Snakes and lizards are cold-blooded animals.
- Your shoes will be repaired and ready for you to collect on Thursday.
- I'm afraid those days are gone and they'll never come again.
and conjunction (THEN)
- Take your clothes off and get in the bath.
- I grabbed the dog by the collar and dragged it out of the room.
- He drew a heart and coloured it red.
- A young girl came up to me and asked for money.
- I found it hard to follow what the teacher was saying, and eventually I lost concentration.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
and conjunction (FOR EMPHASIS)
and conjunction (BUT)