anglenoun [C]uk /ˈæŋ.ɡəl/ us /ˈæŋ.ɡəl/
angle noun [C] (SPACE BETWEEN LINES)
- The wall was leaning at an angle of ten degrees to the perpendicular.
- A right angle is an angle of 90°.
- Trigonometry concerns the functions of angles, such as sine, cosine and tangent.
- Slot piece A into piece B, taking care to keep the two pieces at right angles.
- Her hat was cocked at a jaunty angle.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
angle noun [C] (POSITION)
angle noun [C] (WAY OF THINKING)
angleverb [T]uk /ˈæŋ.ɡəl/ us /ˈæŋ.ɡəl/
angle verb [T] (SLOPE)
angle verb [T] (DIRECT)