anglernoun [ C ]uk /ˈæŋ.ɡlər/ us /ˈæŋ.ɡlɚ/
Examples from literature
- The trout were large and fair of flesh, and in proper weather they rose pretty freely, and could be taken by an angler wading from the shore.
- The walls toward the sea were covered with companies of idle anglers, fishing with cane rods of enormous length.
- There is a well-known inn by the bridge, the resort of many anglers.
- This fish has taken its place among anglers as one of the game fishes of the California coast, and affords fine sport.
- We were told of this pool on our return to Quebec, and that other anglers had a similar experience there.