anglingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈæŋ.ɡlɪŋ/ us /ˈæŋ.ɡlɪŋ/
Examples from literature
- A game fish may be defined as one that will make a good fight for its life and that is caught by scientific methods of angling.
- He was coming down the mill-stream meadow toward the wooden bridge, carrying a fishing rod, but clearly not intent on angling.
- It is a sufficient defense of fishing with a worm to pronounce the truism that no man is a complete angler until he has mastered all the modes of angling.
- Its fine streams afforded means of enjoyment for those who devote their pastime in angling and other such health-giving recreation.
- Of outdoor sports she knew most about angling, for her father had been an ardent fly-caster.