animismnoun [ U ]uk /ˈæn.ɪ.mɪ.zəm/ us /ˈæn.ə.mɪ.zəm/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
noun [ C ], adjective uk /ˈæn.ɪ.mɪst/ us /ˈæn.ə.mɪst/
- This recognition of spiritual life in all things and actions is known as animism.
- It would be outside my province to discuss it here, but even when first heard of it was more than a rude form of animism.
- Magic and animism are beliefs everywhere held by mankind in early stages of culture, and they influence every action of life.
- Mythology succeeded animism, and has in turn yielded to many curious and vanished theories, polytheistic, gnostic, pantheistic, and the rest.
- The materials are now fairly complete for understanding the rise and development of animism.
- Thus a new day is dawning for a soundly critical animism.