annealverb [ T ]uk /əˈniːl/ us /əˈniːl/ specialized
Examples from literature
- Nickel steels may be annealed at lower temperatures than carbon steels, depending upon their alloy content.
- The purpose for which this steel is annealed is a deciding factor as to what heat to give it.
- The strip should be annealed during the rolling and again at the finish.
- The temperature producing the finest grain should be used for annealing and hardening.
- They are then roasted or annealed, so as to procure the requisite temper and colour, whether bronze or blue.