announceverb [ T ]uk /əˈnaʊns/ us /əˈnaʊns/
› to show that something is going to happen:
- It gives us great pleasure to announce the engagement of our daughter Maria.
- British Airways regret to announce the cancellation of flight BA205 to Madrid.
- The minister has announced that there will be no change in government policy.
- My sister surprised everyone by announcing she was leaving her job.
- The company announced a pre-tax loss of three million pounds.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: