announcementnoun [ C or U ]uk /əˈnaʊns.mənt/ us /əˈnaʊns.mənt/
- Her announcement confirmed (that) she would be resigning as prime minister.
- The protests are a delayed reaction to last week's announcement.
- The announcement took Washington and Paris by surprise, but Downing Street had been expecting it.
- There was a deathly hush after she made the announcement.
- This announcement follows months of inaction and delay.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: