anodenoun [ C ]uk /ˈæn.əʊd/ us /ˈæn.oʊd/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- It may act as an ion going wholly to the anode or cathode, but does not yield up its elements, except occasionally by a secondary action.
- The anode is treated in a special manner so as to render it non-porous and impervious to attack by the nascent chlorine evolved on its surface.
- The centre compartment is used to hold the lead or other suitable anode and electrolyte.
- The salt used, and also the anodes, were originally introduced into this country from America, and latterly from Germany.
- The silvery appearance of the deposit depends mainly on the purity of the salt as well as the anodes.