anonymousadjectiveuk /əˈnɒn.ɪ.məs/ us /-ˈnɑː.nə-/
- An anonymous letter alerted police to the possibility of a terrorist attack at the airport.
- An anonymous businesswoman donated one million dollars to the charity.
- Thanks to a large gift from an anonymous donor, the charity was able to continue its work.
- After years of research, scholars have finally ascribed this anonymous play to Christopher Marlowe.
- An anonymous tipster has leaked confidential government information to the press.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: