antimacassarnoun [ C ]uk /ˌæn.ti.məˈkæs.ər/ us /ˌæn.t̬i.məˈkæs.ɚ/
- It was a comfortable little place, with pictures on the walls and antimacassars on all the chairs, and a row of pink vases on the mantelpiece.
- So she laid the doll on the sofa, and covered it with an antimacassar, to sleep.
- The antimacassar is on the sofa.
- The priest pulled out an arm-chair covered with horsehair and an antimacassar.
- The small rosettes and remaining patterns of the antimacassar are easily worked from illustration.