antimonynoun [ U ]uk /ˈæn.tɪ.mə.ni/ /ænˈtɪm.ə.ni/ us /ˈæn.t̬ə.moʊ.ni/ symbol Sb
- Great harm was done by the abuse of antimony, but then great harm is done by the abuse of anything, no matter how good it may be.
- His studies in antimony were made mainly with the idea of showing how that substance might be used in medicine.
- Seven yellows were woven into his robe, and his frizzed hair was stained with antimony.
- The industries include brewing, saw-milling, lace-making and antimony mining and founding.
- They do so even yet, and when antimony was administered there was no doubt about its working.