antiquenoun [ C ]uk /ænˈtiːk/ us /ænˈtiːk/
- An antique dealer had dated the vase at 1734.
- We thought the chair was an antique worth a lot of money, but it turned out to be a valueless replica.
- We have an antique clock on our mantelpiece.
- We went to a sale of antique furniture and bought an oak chest.
- So when did you start collecting antique glass?
- The museum houses the biggest collection of antique toys in Europe.
- We thought these were valuable antique chairs, but they turned out to be replicas.