› → anyone
- She's a bit worried about moving to a big city where she won't know anybody.
- The front door was open so she walked inside and called out, "Hello! Is there anybody in?"
- I didn't know anybody at the party, but the hostess came to my rescue by introducing me to a few people.
- She was resentful of anybody's attempts to interfere in her work.
- I need some time to myself, the same as anybody else.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Anyone, anybody or anything?Anyone, anybody and anything are indefinite pronouns. We use anyone, anybody and anything to refer to both an open, unlimited set of things or people and specific things or people. We use them with a singular verb: …