Apparently it's going to rain today.
You know I told you Alice's party was on the 13th? Well I saw her last night and apparently it's on the 14th.
She looks about ten, but apparently she's 14.
- The train was delayed, apparently due to leaves on the line.
- His resignation was apparently for personal rather than professional reasons.
- He lives in Little Overington, apparently, wherever that is.
- A series of apparently unconnected events led to his resignation.
- I heard a rumour that she's leaving, but apparently it's not true.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words