appropriateadjectiveuk /əˈprəʊ.pri.ət/ us /-ˈproʊ-/
- You would be well-advised to have the appropriate vaccinations before you go abroad.
- What would be an appropriate course of action in such a situation?
- We will provide help whenever you deem it appropriate.
- Here is a list of possible answers. Please delete as appropriate.
- The EU has issued guidelines on appropriate levels of pay for part-time manual workers.
- If you want well-qualified staff, you will have to pay them appropriately.
- Children gradually learn how to behave appropriately in various social situations.
- There is a new horror series on TV which begins, appropriately enough, on Halloween.
- The Prince stayed, rather appropriately, at The Royal Hotel.
- Some of the cleaners are not appropriately trained for working in a hospital.
appropriateverb [T]uk /əˈprəʊ.pri.eɪt/ us /-ˈproʊ-/ formal
appropriate verb [T] (TAKE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
appropriate verb [T] (KEEP MONEY)